Be Well, Panthers!
Student Wellness Services is dedicated to providing a safe, healthy, collaborative, and inclusive environment at UNI. For questions related to COVID-19, please check out the University of Northern Iowa Forward Together website. We look forward to continuing to serve you during the Fall 2020 Semester.
Zoom Wellness Coaching Sessions
Student Wellness Services provides Wellness Coaching, which is a way for you to reach your goals and create the life you want. It gives you the opportunity to explore your strengths while focusing on your health and wellbeing. Whether you are looking for support with healthy coping skills, stress reduction, sleep, time management, social connection, or just need someone to help you process these times of uncertainty and change, Wellness Coaches are here for YOU!
Get Your Flu Shot:
It's the BEST Way to Fight the Flu!
According to the Centers for Disease Control & Prevention (CDC), the single best way to prevent seasonal flu is to get vaccinated each year. Get your flu vaccine early in the fall before flu season begins.
Visit health.uni.edu to stay updated on the on-campus flu shot clinics! Flu shots are FREE for all UNI students, faculty, and staff. Please plan to attend one of these clinics to stay well this flu season.
Spread the Word: Not the Germs!
Do Your Part in Helping to Fight Colds, Flu, & COVID19:
Even though the cold, flu, and COVID-19 are different illnesses, there are some common actions we all can take to protect ourselves and our fellow Panthers to reduce our risk from contracting and spreading them!
- GET YOUR FREE FLU SHOT ON-CAMPUS!
- STAY HOME, REST, AND STAY HYDRATED IF YOU ARE SICK
- COVER COUGHS AND SNEEZES WITH TISSUE OR ELBOW
- KEEP YOUR ENVIRONMENT CLEAN!
- SEEK MEDICAL CARE IF SYMPTOMS BECOME WORSE THAN EXPECTED
- AVOID TOUCHING YOUR FACE WITH UNWASHED HANDS
- WASH HANDS FREQUENTLY FOR AT LEAST 20 SECONDS
- BUILD A RESILIENT IMMUNE SYSTEM BY PROACTIVELY TAKING CARE OF YOURSELF
- PREPARE A “SICK KIT”
- KNOW THE DIFFERENT SYMPTOMS FOR COLD, FLU, AND COVID-19
If we all do our part, we can Protect Our Panthers and reduce the spread of the cold, flu, and COVID-19!