The Student Health Advisory Committee is:
- a dedicated group of students voicing the needs & concerns of the UNI student body.
- comprised of students and Student Health and Well-being Services staff who have an interest and concern about the health of UNI students.
The role of the University of Northern Iowa Student Health Advisory Committee (SHAC) is to inform students about on-campus health and wellness services and educate students about relevant college health topics.
From left to right (Shawna Jesse, Emma DeWitt, Thalia Torres-Guzman, Kayla Kellogg)
SHAC Executive Team Members, Spring 2022
President - Kayla Kellogg - Email: email@example.com
Secretary - Thalia Torres Guzman
Treasurer - Jayde Nelson
UNI Staff Advisor - Shawna Jesse (firstname.lastname@example.org), Health Promotion Coordinator for Student Wellness Services
SHAC General Team Members, Spring 2022
- Advocate for the health needs of students
- Advise the Director and University Student Body President on Student Health Clinic programs, scope of services and programs
- Educate students about Student Health Center resources
- Conduct outreach to build Student Health Center visibility
- Assess Student Health Center programs to ensure student needs are met
- Recommend policy changes to better meet student needs
- Administer and collects information through patient or student surveys
- Promote healthy decision making with campus campaigns and programs
Benefits of being a SHAC member:
- Develop leadership and communication skills
- Help improve the quality of student life through better health
- Network with other campus leaders
- Participation can be documented on your resume for further professional education or careers
To be a part of the SHAC team:
E-mail email@example.com to request a SHAC application for you to complete.
Follow SHAC on social media to stay updated on the latest on-campus health and wellness events/programs AND to receive wellness tips!
Facebook: Student Health Advisory Committee